The Village Clerk is a public official, appointed by the Mayor and Board of Trustees to a two-year term. The Village Clerk’s main responsibilities include maintaining and safeguarding the Village’s records. Since a Village Clerk’s office can be a sizeable operation with many types of activities happening at the same time, many villages allow the Village Clerk to have one or more clerks to handle the day-to-day transactions and activities of the Village Clerk’s office. The Village Clerk’s Office duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- The preparation of board meeting agendas, and attendance at meetings as directed, and the reporting of the results of those meetings (minutes).
- The filing of all village records and that they are safeguarded at all times.
- The administering and filing of oaths of office for all village government officials.
- The Village Clerk is a Notary Public. Notarization is provided to residents for free for village documents.
- Dutchess County MS4 Chairman.
- Chief Election Officer.
Access to Records (FOIL Request) *NOTICE: In light of New York State’s reduction in workforce as part of the ongoing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, there may be a delay in responding to FOIL Requests. Thank you for your patience during this extraordinary tine.
Give Us a Shout
Use the form below to drop us an email.