Presiding Associate Judge
Justice Raymond C. Chase Jr Richard W. Fiorile
Clerk to the Justice
- heard every 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 9:30 AM (except holidays).
VEHICLE & TRAFFIC CASES
- heard every 1st and 3rd Thursday at 10:00 AM.
- Adjournment requests MUST BE IN WRITING.
- be scheduled in advance with the court and are heard on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 2:00 pm (except holidays). The necessary paperwork and filing fees must be received by the Court 14 days prior to the hearing, as prescribed by law. Current filing fee: $20 per action.
Note: Most civil case papers are prepared and filed by attorneys, who then represent the person initiating the action. The attorneys supply and complete the forms and see that the necessary service items and deadlines are met. For someone preparing their own civil case papers, forms can be obtained online at nycourts.gov. In these cases, the plaintiff should be familiar with procedures; proper completion and submission is the plaintiff’s responsibility, the court cannot give plaintiffs legal advice.
SMALL CLAIMS CASES (monetary damages only)
- must be scheduled in advance with the court and are heard on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays at 2:00 pm (except holidays). To commence an action the claimant must personally appear at the court to file and sign the claim form, as well as to pay a filing fee. The Court will then schedule a Small Claims Hearing date during normal business hours. Current filing fee(s): $10 (monetary damages up to $1,000.) or $15 (monetary damages $1,001 to $3,000)
Note: Defendant must reside or have a place of business in the Village.
ZONING VIOLATION CASES
- heard every 1st and 3rd Thursday at 1:00 PM (except holidays).
- must be submitted in writing within 24 hours of issuing.
PAYMENTS ACCEPTED: Cash, Visa, MasterCard, Money Order – NO PERSONAL CHECKS!
Court Hours: Monday-Thursday 9AM-3PM – CLOSED FRIDAYS
Court Dropbox open 24/7 around the back of the building.
For any questions, please call the court at 845-297-6777
Hours of Operation
Monday – Thursday 9 am – 3 pm
Please be advised that the Village Court will be closed on Fridays until further notice for administrative purposes.
2582 South Avenue
Wappingers Falls, N.Y.
Phone: (845) 297-6777