The offices of Building and Zoning consists of:

Bryan Murphy - Building Inspector/Zoning Administrator

Trustee Jason Enson - Code Enforcement Liason


The offices are located in the Village Hall at 2582 South Avenue - Use  rear entrance, second floor.Office hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. (no money is accepted after 3:45pm)

Office phone numbers are : (845) 297-5277 and fax: (845) 296-0379. Our email address is Appointments are needed for all plan reviews.

Building Permits shall be required for:

(1) A building Permit shall be required for any work which must conform to the Uniform Code and/or the Energy Code, including but not limited to, the construction, enlargement, alteration, improvement, removal, relocation or demolition of any building or structure or any portion thereof, and the installation of a solid-fuel-burning heating appliance, chimney or flue in any dwelling unit. No person shall commence any work for which a building permit is required without first having obtained a building permit from the Code Enforcement Officer.

(2) In nonresidential districts, whenever there is a change in occupant of a building or site, the new occupant must apply for a change of occupancy permit and receive a certificate of occupancy approving the change in occupancy.

Exemptions. No building permit shall be required for:

Building Permits Forms are available at: 

You should see the Building Inspector or Code Enforcement Officer if you require a Building Permit, Certificate of Occupancy, plans to open a new business, municipal search for an existing building, sign permit and temporary sign permits.

If you are not sure if you need a building permit or any other permit ,you may contact the Zoning and Planning Department at  (845)297-5277

Permisos de construcción serán requeridos para:

  1. Un permiso de construcción deberá ser requerido para todo  trabajo que debe cumplir el código uniforme y/o el Codigo de Enegia, incluyendo pero no limitado a, la construcción, ampliación, reforma y mejora, extracción, traslado o demolición de un edificio o estructura o cualquier parte del mismo, y la instalación de un aparato de calefaccion de quema de combustible solido,  chimenea o combustión en cualquier unidad de vivienda. Ninguna persona podrá comenzar cualquier trabajo para el cual se require un permiso de construcción sin haber obtenido previamente un permiso de construcción del Oficial de Cumplimiento del Código.

  2. En los distritos noresidenciales, siempre que haya un cambio de ocupantes de un edificio o sitio, el nuevo ocupante/inquilino debe solicitar un permiso de cambio de ocupación y recibir un certificado de ocupación que se aprueba el cambio de ocupación.

Exenciones. No se requiere un permiso de construcción para: 

Los formularios para permisos de construcción estan disponibles en:

Usted debe ver al Inspector de Construccion  si necesita un permiso de construcción, certificado de ocupación, planifica abrir un nuevo negocio, búsqueda municipal de un edificio existente, permiso para letreros/rótulos o un permiso temporal de letreros.    

Si usted no esta seguro si necesita un permiso de construcción o cualquier otro permiso, por favor contacte la oficina del departamento de Zonificacion y Planificacion al (845)297-5277.

Information for Property Owners, Landlords and Tenants:

    Fire Safety Handout ( English & Spanish)

    Asbestos in New York State 

    Tenants Rights Guide

    Mold Fact Sheet

    Swimming Pool Barriers


For more information regarding Village laws and Zoning Ordinace please refer to 

Zoning - Chapter 151- Signs:

For your reference a free on-line variation of the 2010 Building Code of New York State  is available at: